1. The tournament is open to players with federative license in force.
Thursday the 12th August:
On ending a snack to all players and escorts will be offered
3. The tournament will play for Swiss system in 10 rounds; the pairings will be made using the program Swiss Manager.
4. The tournament is part of the VII Catalan Circuit of Open International, Gran Premi Generalitat de Catalunya, in the category of "candidate".
5. The Club d’Escacs Comissions Obreres de Barcelona CECOB) and the Unió Sindical de Comissions Obreres de Barcelona (USCOB) organizes the 1th "Ciutat Vella" International Chess Open.
6. The games will play in rhythm 15'+5", to fall of flag.
7. The first boards will be broadcast by internet on the portal of the Catalan Federation of Chess.
8. The players who do not present themselves in a round without warning or justified cause will be eliminated.
Telephone: 93 481 28 03 / 620 341 266
Registration Deadline: Tuesday the 10th August at 19 hours.
10. Entry fees:
Sub 16 (born in 1994 and posterior): 10 €
+ 60 years (born in 1950 and former): 10 €
International graduates: Free.
11. The organization reserves the right of rejecting an inscription, always for founded motives.
12. The director of the tournament will be Mr. Manel Santolaria
13. The arbitral decisions will be apel·lables, always in writing and like to maximum 5 minutes after finishing a round, filling in the pertinent sheet of claims. The Committee of Contest will be formed by the director of the tournament, the number 1 of the initial ranking, the player not titled with more FIDE rating and the feminine player with more FIDE rating.
1st Class 400 € + trophy 2nd Class 300 € + trophy 3rd Class 220 € + trophy 4th Class 150 € 5th Class 100 € 6th Class 80 € 7th Class 60 € 8th Class 50 €
Stretches of FIDE rating:
2300-2399: 1st: 80 €uros + trophy. ....................2nd: 50 €uros.
2150-2299: 1st: 70 €uros + trophy. ....................2nd: 40 €uros.
2000-2149: 1st: 60 €uros + trophy. ....................2nd: 35 €uros.
2300-2399: 1st: 50 €uros + trophy. ....................2nd: 30 €uros.
1850-1999: 1st: 50 €uros + trophy. ....................2nd: 30 €uros.
Until 1850: 1st: 50 €uros + trophy. ...................2nd: 30 €uros.
Trophy in the best sub-10, sub-12, sub-14, sub-16 and veteran (+60)
For the award of the economical prizes in the stretches of FIDE rating the rules that the Catalan Circuit applies will be used.
15. On finishing the last round the following systems of play-off will be raffled: Total Bucholz, Bucholz -1, Bucholz Mitjà, Progressive FIDE.
16. The participation in the tournament I suppose, on the part of the player, the acceptance of these rules.
17. Any non foreseen point will be solved applying the regulations of the FIDE, and in its fault, of the FCE.